Sunday, October 17, 2010

7 months!

My sweet tiny baby who would not sleep unless she was literally laying on either Dave or myself is quietly sleeping on our bed and cooing in her sleep. Oh wait, now she's fussing. Be right back..

Ahh the night nursings! Evelyn probably nurses about 5-8 times a night. I don't know how I go without sleep, maybe it's the mommy hormones? It's kind of strange but Evie really does the majority of her nursing at night. I think it would be nice to switch to more frequent day feeds because I'm going to need sleep at some point, right? It's been 7 months and I think the last time I had even 6 hours of solid sleep was before I gave birth. But when that baby cuddles and reaches out for me at night, it's one of the best feelings in the whole world. Sometimes she turns to me and opens her mouth wide, grunting in anticipation of being fed. Then she lets out a huge sigh of relief and gulps for about 2 or 3 minutes. Did I mention she's a super fast eater? She can put down 5 ounces in less than 5 minutes!

So Evelyn is also sitting unassisted and just starting to support herself standing. I'm kind of surprised that she has taken so long to figure out standing. She's been sitting for a couple weeks, but only about a week ago did she figure out how to lock her legs and pull her body weight up. It's been really cute holding her while she wiggles out of my arms in an attempt to stand up. She's also wanting to be held facing forward. She'll tolerate the Ergo carrier for a bit, but then wants to face out. I need to figure out how to carry her like this and have it be comfortable for us both. The Moby Wrap supports a front carry so I'll maybe try it out tomorrow. I'm not really looking forward to putting her in and out of the wrap because it's soooo long. I tried tonight, but she was really squirming and I was worried she would fall. I'm sure we'll figure something out.

We went on a fabulous trip to New York for Comic Con. Dave was hoping to get more networking done, but he had some great meetings with some game development companies. I had a blast meeting some of the ladies from Battlestar Galactica. We met Katee Sackhoff, Tricia Helfer, Nicki Clyne, and Michelle Forbes. We also got a cute photo of Evie with Bruce Campbell. It was really neat meeting some of the cast since Dave and I just finished watching the series about two weeks ago. I admit, I was kind of a fangirl when Katee stopped on the way out of her autograph line to play with Evelyn for a couple minutes. I'm pretty sure Evie is going to think her mom is a huge geek!

We stayed with our beloved Bianca and her brother, Lukas. Our hotel was a two hour trip into the city and it just about killed us. Next time we're definitely footing the extra $$ and staying in Manhattan. We saw tons of other friends and had a great time. My back was killing me by the time we got home since I carried Evelyn the entire time, but is was worth the effort; she stayed very calm and happy throughout the majority of the trip. There was one night when were verbally harassed by a bunch of kids on the way home and I really lost my cool. We missed the last train out of NYC.. Evelyn was screaming and I was so upset that these kids were going out of their way to wake her up and be noisy to get attention. I guess they won because I am not proud of some of the things I said to them. A fight almost broke out between Dave and two of the boys, but they stepped down quickly when Dave said a few words. I was traumatized by that experience and learned a very valuable lesson(s). We are not staying outside Manhattan and we are not going to travel late at night. I can do a 10 minute subway ride, but a two hour trip home with a tired baby is a recipe for disaster. Goodness just thinking about that night gets me a little upset. But the rest of the trip was really great! -lol- I'm so thankful for Bianca and Lukas' ability to endure our crazy family trials!

I'm going to try and get some sleep tonight - Dave doesn't have to work tomorrow so I think we might pass Evie off to my wonderful parents in the morning. I also need to clean the guinea pig cage and do some laundry.

Hope everyone is doing well!

No comments:

Post a Comment